Friday, June 10, 2005

Another Trip To Mid Valley

Here's what happened.

So, Jeev and I had planned to watch Star Wars since before the holidays started but didn't really finalize the plans until Wednesday. We planned to go out on Friday with Jam and Jeev said we would go out after accounts. Then on Thursday night, Jam told me she had tuition after accounts so we would be going in the afternoon. I had actually already told my parents I was going in the morning because my mum had this whole other schedule and we only have one driver. So, I panicked a bit cos I didn't want to be stuck in Mid Valley all by my lonesome for who-knows how many hours. I then tried to ajak Pei Xuan but she couldn't make it on Friday. Then I talked to Alyssa who said she could make it in the morning and I was relieved again. But then her plans were kind of shaky because she needed to stay at home to take care of her little brother. Which got me all panicky again.
Next morning, Jam told me we would be watching in the evening because it was the only tickets she could get and I got frustrated because that time was too late for me so I thought, forget it. But Aly was already on her way there so I had to go. We ended up watching Star Wars without Jam and Jeev.

Yes, I finally watched Star Wars like how many other countless people already did. It was okay, I guess. I've never been a big fan but I liked the older eps rather than the newer ones. Episode 1 and 2 were such a dissappointment, I really wasn't expecting Episode 3 to wow me. But it turned out good, even though I was blur half the time. Well, you don't need to know much about Star Wars anyway, just know Anakin's going to turn into Darth Vader, Jedis are all-around good guys and Yoda is so cool! What I really like about Star Wars is when they're showing the spaceships flying around and it's going updownoverunder, and the camera sort of follows it, it's like you're being sucked into the action, so that's pretty awesome. The best part was the moment when Obi-wan defeats Anakin and cuts off his legs, and then Obi-wan breaks down and says, "You were supposed to be the Chosen One!" Ah, that part was really sad! Well, one lesson this movie taught me was, love complicates things! The part where Padme confronts Anakin and realizes he's evil didn't really get to me. When she said, "You're breaking my heart," I don't know but that line was just so stupid, it made me laugh. And Aly was reciting half the lines in the movie because she already has the VCD at home.

During the movie, my phone rang twice because Jeev was calling me and I was trying to decide, Should I disturb the half-filled cinema and answer the phone or I should I just ignore it? I ignored it. After we got out, we found out Jam and Jeev were already in MV so we went looking for them but soon gave up when we realised they might be watching a movie already. But we banged into them and ended up watching a movie together. It's funny how I worried so much yesterday on working out the time and plans, but it turned out to be so easy to get us all there. And we had a good time.

We didn't know what to watch, but we ended up watching a movie called Spellbound after me and Aly's insistance. I had recommended it because it got good reviews and it was one of those documentary types and I'm a sucker for those. Spellbound is a documentary about eight kids who got into the 1999 National Spelling Bee Competition in Washington DC and it's just a simple movie showing the story of each of the kids and the way they face the competition and their life. It was a pretty good movie (though I liked Supersize Me better, lol) but Jam was complaining the whole way through. I guess most people would find it boring but I thought it was a good movie. And it made me realized how many words I actually know in the English Language, which is pratically nothing. Almost all of the words they were asked to spell, I haven't even heard of and it was amazing to see kids younger than me being able to spell it out. I got a few guesses right. Lol. But it's pretty inspiring to see kids so young working so hard to win the competition. Here's a few examples of words they had to spell: heleoplankton, kokaburra, logorrhea. God, I hope I'm typing it out right. Lol. One of the contestants was a boy named Harry who was our favourite, he was just so cute and had a fun personality but sadly he lost after he misspelled banns. We were all rooting for him in the cinema. Lol. But in the end, it was a pretty sweet movie too to see how much the parents supported them and cheered them on. If you want to read plenty of rave reviews, you can check out this site or at rotten tomatoes or the official site because they can express it so much better than me.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger WanTse said…

    You know being stuck alone in MV is not so bad... Try being stuck in KLCC all ALONE!!! My friend lar... left me there waiting for her... she kept saying she's coming like for 5 hours... I went in like the morning and she came in the evening!!!! Damn sad rite... and I was like damn sesat ar... Sigh... anyway the part where Padme say "Anakin, you're breaking my heart" was kinda lame but I think it's cause the connection between her and Anakin is uit strong that it was literally happening to her... that's why she died... She died of heartbroken... But you know what!!! Lucas got it wrong... Actually Padme didn't die of child birth but later on when Leia was a little older... Haha...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home