Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Hong Kong Trip

Since I don't feel so lazy right now and I got nothing to do at the moment, I shall ramble about my trip to Hong Kong!

Me and my family left in the morning and it was a pretty smooth flight throughout and it was a pretty quick flight too. Only 3 and a half hours. I watched Zorro on the plane even though I saw it before. That movie was just so enjoyable. Anyway, first day we got to Hong Kong, we didn't really do much because it took us 2 hours to get to Tsim Tsa Shui and then all we did was go eat some wantan mee. And it was quite delicious! We stayed at Shangri-la Hotel, which is a super nice hotel, really comfortable. Loads of channels on tv. They had Discovery Channel, Arirang, Star World, HBO, ... like over 30 channels, can't remember them all. And they gave us tea on the first day! We just went walking around at night. We were going to Disneyland the next day so I was excited!

Next day, we're off to Disneyland. We had to take 3 trains to get there, but the last train was really cute. It had the mickey mouse shape as the windows and handles. So cute! I was just estatic to be in Disneyland cos it's been so long since I've been to any theme park. Really missed it. But really, HK Disneyland is really sad. Very very little rides. I guess because it's new but still, it was pathetic. The most thrilling ride they had was Space Mountain. But I didn't really care, cos I was in Disneyland!! Haha. Anyway, me and my sis had to queue up to get pictures with Goofy and Pluto for my little sister. The day was spent more on queuing up than actually riding the rides. My little sister wanted to take photos with all the characters, so they all had to line up while I was sitting down looking after the cart. I think we lined up for maybe 2 hours. I was getting mad already cos I really wanted to try out the new Buzz ride. And it was already going to be night. Finally, got to try out the Buzz ride and it was so cool! And I was satisfied! =) Then, we stayed to watch the fireworks and that was really spectacular.

After that, it was pretty much just walking around and shopping for the next few days. Ate dim sum every morning which was wonderful, but I was really getting sick of drinking tea. Tea, tea, tea! We went to Ocean Park on one of the days and it was fun too! Watched the bird show there which was quite entertaining. Shopped for shoes, cos the shoes there are really cheap! It would cost around $HK 200-300 which would be around RM100-150 here. And there was this whole row of streets just selling shoes. Shop after shop after shop. Talk about competition. I found this really nice Converse shoes but sadly, they weren't my size. Sob. But I bought a pair of Nike shoes anyway.

The last day, we went to Disneyland again. Haha. My little sister wanted to. cough *spoiled* cough. At last, managed to ride all of the rides! And watch all of the shows! And I even went on my first Space Mountain ride. It was so amazing. Really fast, and it was completely dark so you couldn't see where you would turn next. It's like shooting off into the stars. There were some old people seating behind me and my sister so I was a bit worried if they could take it. But they survived. Haha. Went on the buzz ride 3 times again. It's so fun! And also managed to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride, after queuing for a full hour! There were too many people there and too little rides. After that, we went back earlier to avoide the crowd.

Next day, we were returning back to Malaysia. I had a good time there but was glad to be going home. Hong Kong is just too crowded for me, everywhere you go, there's people. And too much smoke from vehicles. Gives me a headache. At the airport, two of our guns got confiscated, toy guns my sister bought from Disneyland, haha, which was really ridiculous since they were toys. But they have a pretty strict policy. Didn't get to buy any souvenirs from the airport because of that. The flight back was alright, but the landing wasn't good. So that's it of my trip to HK. Only talked about Disneyland. Haha.


cute or wat!


me at Disneyland


look, it's Mickey and Minnie!


us on the Jungle ride

1 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    ~~Merry Christmas!♥♥ Have a fun-filled and joyous celebration of this wonderful occasion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home